Cumulus Brings Back The Savage Nation

Conservative syndicated radio talk show host Michael Savage is bringing back  “The Savage Nation” on a new radio network after a short hiatus from terrestrial talk radio.  Cumulus Media Networks has picked up the show and will relaunch with more than 525 stations in 110 markets nationwide beginning October 23. Savage left his long time syndicator, remedy Talk Radio Networks in September after he won a legal battle with the company freeing him to work with any station or network.

“The Savage Nation” will air live from 9 p.m. to midnight Eastern Monday through Friday, delivering his “incisive thoughts on politics, American culture, and traditional values,” Cumulus according to a Cumulus press release. “His famous news, views and reviews will continue to inform and entertain millions of loyal and new listeners on powerhouse Cumulus stations.”

John Dickey, co-chief operating officer of Cumulus, said: “As we aggressively create radio’s most compelling mix of show hosts, the addition of Michael Savage is a milestone in our determined efforts to provide our listeners nationwide with the best programming in the business.”

“Cumulus and Savage will make radio history,” Savage declared. “The turbulent times we live in give talk radio a new power. This is the biggest move of my radio career and I look forward to reaching many millions of new listeners on their flamethrower signals.”

While it was on the air, “The Savage Nation” was the third-most-listened-to radio talk show in the nation with more than 10 million listeners weekly. In 2012 it became the No. 1 talk show on the Internet.

8 thoughts on “Cumulus Brings Back The Savage Nation

• June 4, 2013 at 9:43 pm

when will Michael return to WRKO BOSTON’S ONLY TALK STATION
    he has been greatly missed

• May 6, 2013 at 4:42 pm

welcome back to Boston Michael You have been missed and you couldn’t have returned at a more critical time

• November 8, 2012 at 2:32 am

I have waited 2 weeks without as much a courteous reply! I’m asking once more:

When am I going to receive a reply to my question of :WHERE IN SAN DIEGO CAN I

HEAR THE MICHAEL SAVAGE PROGRAM FROM 6 PM TO 9 PM PST?

i HAD A LOT OF FRUSTRATED TRYING TO FIND SAVAGE ON INTERNET RADIO.

EVERY WEBSITE SEARCH I TRIED WANTED ME TO DOWNLOAD THE SEARCH, BUT TO NO AVAIL,

NOTHING CAME UP EXCEPT WANTING ME TO KEEP SEARCHING OTHER WEBSITES.

WHY DO I HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THIS HASSLE AND IRRITATION?

WHY WON’T YOU RESPOND TO MY QUESTION? HOW AND WHERE CAN I LISTEN TO

SAVAGE IN SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIA?

• November 7, 2012 at 11:03 pm

I also would like to know what station and time that I can listen to Michael in the Philadelphia area. I am able to pick up all NYC stations as well. It seems ridiculously difficult to find an answer to this simple question. I would be grateful for an answer. Thanx Frank

• October 24, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I have not received any response from the lengthy comment and question I submitted
    at the beginning of this week asking about where I can listen to the new restored
    “Savage Nation” radio program! I cannot understand why it is so complicated to
    be able to get the radio station or even on the computer! I live in San Diego,
    California and I tried exhaustively with no results to download every conservative
    live stream website on my computer to see if I could get Savage online, I am so
    frustrated. Will you please be courteous enough to even respond? Still waiting!

Joann Alvarez jaarmymom@gmail.com 619-938-3601 (phone)

• October 24, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I would like to know what stations (bands) that carry the Michael Savage talkshow in the Philadelphia PA area. I called Cumulus and was advised to check Michael’s website. They would not provide any further info. I do not want to listen via computer or I-phone etc. Every link I try on the computer tries to get me to download their live streaming. I simply want to turn on the radio and know where to set my dial! Why is this so difficult to accomplish?

• October 20, 2012 at 12:18 am

I am a 71 year old widow who has been listening to Michael faithfully for years. I actually put everything else on hold when Michael comes on the air. He used to come on air here in San Diego from 3 to 6 PM. I was so looking forward to enjoying him during those 3 hours; I make a pot of coffee, homeade cookies, and a note book
    to take notes of the teachings he so brilliantly delivers! I live alone, and this is like having a special guest come to spend time with me each and every day. I turn my radio up pretty loud, and during my time listening and learning, I feel like I am attending college listening to a famous learned professor. Michael
    to me is my hero, filling the shoes of an uncle, a father a brother, a counselor and a loyal & sincere friend.

Before I discovered Michael’s radio talk show, so many years ago, the days seemed so long and lonely!
    But I had something and someone to look forward to, to fill in 3 hours of my day, every day. I actually felt
    like Michael was right there in the room . And I knew that He would return again. I talk out loud and shout out loud along with him when he expresses his emotions and his laughter, I really enjoy prioritizing my time centered around his talk show. I have learned so much from him & am a conservative. I call my sisters, and a brother who lives in Sacramento and remind him to get that radio dial set for your show. I call him back,
    as well my sisters, and we compare opinions and notes discussing what we learned each time! I am so glad Michael’s returning on October 23rd. I used to hear him on KFMB Radio dial 760, Before he left that station,
    I would hear him from 9:00 PM to 12:00 AM. Would you please be so kind and tell me what station and what time slot I can resume listening and enjoying to Mr. Savage on October 23rd??????
    I believe that Michael is a GOD_SEND to our Nation!!! God Bless you Michael, and congratulations to your new found station. Sincerely, Joann Alvarez , a Fan forever!!!!!!