Bruce Williams Announces Sign Off

Business and finance talker and  Radio Hall of Famer Bruce Williams , has announced the end of his self syndicated radio show March 5th.  In an e-mail sent to affiliates Williams said, “After a great deal of thought, I have concluded, as has been said many times, ‘all things come to an end,’ and this is true for me of my radio career.  As a consequence, it is my painful chore to announce with much regret that March 5th, will be my last network broadcast.”  The New Jersey native who began his radio career in 1975 and was one of the original NBC Talknet talents in 1981 along with Sally Jesse Raphael, had been self-syndicating his show in association with Rocky Mountain Radio and Global American Broadcasting.

6 thoughts on “Bruce Williams Announces Sign Off

• February 3, 2016 at 11:27 am

R.I.P. Mr. Williams. Rest In Peace, may peace be with you. Rudolf with your nose so bright won’t you guide my sleigh tonight.

• April 6, 2013 at 12:47 am

In the early 80’s and after working for the Bell System, I would head home, eat my dinner and then sit outside under the stars and listen to Bruce and his knowledge under an umbrella at my townhouse in PBG, FL. He taught me an awful lot and I will miss him a lot ;(

• October 16, 2012 at 4:26 am

I was wondering what ever happened to Bruce Williams and when I Googled him, I came upon the accompanying article. I listened to his show for years in the 80s and 90s, and it really was an education. Not only was he entertaining and informative, but he had a unique perspective on life. I do feel the show went down hill a little in the later years when he was prone to do more bloviating on politics and took fewer questions from callers. Nevertheless, he was a giant in the industry and I miss his presence on the airwaves.
    Greg P. Latham, NY

• October 21, 2011 at 10:19 am

Dang…he was my travel companion for so many miles and late night driving. He was always informative and sad to see his show go.

Thank you Bruce for so many great conversations and always the learner with you the teacher on finance, credit and law.

You will be missed and no one really out there that can replace your insight. One of a kind show and broadcaster…..

• March 11, 2010 at 3:50 pm

hi im very interested in entertaining and if you would like to hear some new voices from baltimore thats very consisted than can you take note on this message…thank you

• March 5, 2010 at 10:57 am

I first heard Bruce Williams in the mid to late 80’s, and have followed him ever since. I have a long drive to/from work every day, and listen to podcasts of his show makes my long ride more pleasurable. I never thought I would see the day when he would retire. In the past, he sometimes joked that he would die at the microphone because he loved talk radio so much. I just hope that he is ok, and that his retirement was not prompted by health issues.

Bruce Williams will be missed on the airwaves.